Arequipa to Paracas by Bus: 2019 Updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Arequipa to Paracas takes around 12 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Arequipa to Paracas.
This is a nice trip along the Pacific Coast of Peru and it is recommended to take this journey in the day rather than night. Paracas is a small port town famous for the Ballestas Islands and the National Reserve. There are no flights between Arequipa and Paracas so bus travel is the best option. Below is some information you should consider when trying to choose the best bus company for this route.
To take a bus from Arequipa to Ica you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Oltursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Nazca to Lima are as follows:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE||TRIPADVISOR RATING|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||19:00||Public Bus Terminal||NO||82%|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||05:45||Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off||YES||98%|
|OLTURSA||DAILY||07:30 and 21:00||Public Bus Terminal||NO||66%|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- What is hop on hop off?
- A ticket for a hop on hop off bus covers all journeys that the bus company takes. Rather than paying for all bus journeys separately, hop on hop off tickets allow passengers to board as many buses as they want and stay in destinations for as long as they please. They have been described worldwide as the best way to experience all that a country has to offer, and such has been the feedback from those who boarded the Peruvian hop on hop off buses. For more information click here.
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Arequipa to Paracasby bus is usually a pleasant journey and most of the road is in good condition. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!