Lima to Huacachina by Bus: 2019 updated information about Bus Schedules, Bus Safety, and the Best Bus Companies to take!
A bus from Lima to Huacachina takes around 5 hours. Below we have detailed information about bus safety, the best bus companies and what other benefits you should look out for when choosing the best bus from Lima to Huacachina.
Huacachina is the only desert oasis in South America and a perfect spot for sand boarding and dune buggy. There are no public buses going from Lima to Huacachina, usually the route is Lima to Ica and then taking a taxi to the Oasis. However, private buses such as Hop On / Hop Off services go directly to Huacachina and which is safer and more convenient.
To take a bus from Lima to Huacachina you have 2 main options:
1 – Public Bus (e.g. Cruz del Sur, Civa , Oltursa)
2 – Hop on hop off bus (e.g. Peru Hop, Green Toad Bus)
The schedule and departure times of buses from Lima to Huacachina are as follow:
|COMPANIES||SCHEDULE||DEPARTURE TIME||DEPARTURE LOCATION||ENGLISH SPEAKING ASSITANCE||TRIPADVISOR RATING|
|CRUZ DEL SUR||DAILY||06:00, 07:00, 13:00, 14:00, 16:00 and 19:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||82%|
|PERU HOP||DAILY||06:00 and 07:00||HOTEL PICK-UP & DROP OFF ||YES||98%|
|OLTURSA||DAILY||07:30, 12:45, 14:00 and 15:00||PUBLIC TERMINAL||NO||66%|
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO HELP CHOOSE WHAT BUS COMPANY TO TAKE:
- Do they collect you at your hotel or hostel?
- Some bus companies, and all hop on hop off companies, do actually pick you up at your hotel, thus offering a much safer and secure service rather than taking local taxis
- How is their safety record?
- Simply put the name of the bus company, and the word “accident” or “hijacking” into google and see which companies are the best.
- What onboard facilities do they have?
- Tv´s, toilets (clean!!), semi-cama or cama seats…all of these things will help decide which is the best company
- What is hop on hop off?
- A ticket for a hop on hop off bus covers all journeys that the bus company takes. Rather than paying for all bus journeys separately, hop on hop off tickets allow passengers to board as many buses as they want and stay in destinations for as long as they please. They have been described worldwide as the best way to experience all that a country has to offer, and such has been the feedback from those who boarded the Peruvian hop on hop off buses. For more information click here.
- Other benefits?
- Some bus companies have loyalty points schemes (e.g. Cruz del Sur) and others have accommodation and other discounts (e.g. Peru Hop) so shop around and see what other benefits you get with each company
Lima to Huacachina by bus is usually a straight trip down the Pan American highway. It is recommended to stop by Paracas to visit the Ballestas Islands. Just choose the best bus company and enjoy the journey!